1. Where can I buy a Spanninga product?
You can find our products in many shops all around the world. Use our convenient dealer locator to find a dealer nearby you. If you are a dealer, you can contact your wholesaler.
2. How can I connect my Spanninga product to my bicycle?
3. What are the different wires on my Spanninga light?
4. How can I recharge my Spanninga USB light?
In general, all Spanninga USB lights are supplied with a micro USB cable, which can be connected to a laptop to charge your light.
5. What are the different dynamo types and should I keep them in mind while buying a light?
There are conventional dynamo’s, which are connected to the front tire and the more modern hub dynamo’s, which are mounted in the front wheel. Based on the icon on the Spanninga packaging, you can see if the light is meant for conventional dynamo’s or hub dynamo’s.
6. What are the different e-bike types and should I keep them in mind while buying a light?
You should always check the voltage range of your e-bike battery to see if a light can be connected to it. In each packaging of our lights, you will find a manual with detailed information. You can also find the manual in our download section or on the product page of the light you have bought.
7. What are the different functions on my Spanninga light?
For the city and e-bike range of Spanninga, the different functions are:
The sensor detects the light level and movements and switches the light on/off automatically.
The dynamo light shines when the bike is stopped for ca. 1 min. (headlamps) / 4 min. (rearlights).
- Daytime running light
The light shines during daytime for increased visibility.
Charges your mobile devices while riding your bike.
For the sport and outdoor range of Spanninga, the different functions are:
Around 30% higher light output.
Around 30% longer battery lifetime.
Flashing light beam, which saves battery lifetime.
8. How can I turn off my light in auto-sensor mode?
There is no need to turn off your light when it has an auto-sensor mode. The sensor detects the light level and turns on/off itself. If there is a switch on your light, you can turn it to off.
9. What is Lux, Lumen and Candela?
An explanation of how the light outcome is measured and what the different measurements mean, can be found on our explained by pros page.
10. What are the different technologies on Spanninga lights?
An explanation of all our technologies can be found on our technologies page.
11. When does the battery-low-indicator start to burn?
This differs per product, but in general the battery-low-indicator switches on when there is around 25% battery lifetime left. The exact information can be found in the manual, which comes with your product. You can also find the manual in our download section or on the product page of the light you have bought.
12. What is the visibility distance of Spanninga rearlights?
This differs per product, but it varies from 400m to 1000m. The exact number is indicated on the packaging. You can also find this information on the product page of the light you have bought.
13. What do the Spanninga product codes (Xdo, Xb, Xe, etc…) mean?
Xdo = LED dynamo headlamp with on/off switch
Xdas = LED dynamo headlamp with daylight, auto-sensor and safe-stop
Xds = LED dynamo rearlight with safe-stop function
Xb = LED battery light
Xba = LED battery light with auto-sensor
Xe = LED e-bike light
More information can be found in the glossary.
14. What do the icons on the Spanninga packaging mean?
The icons on the packaging explain the various features of each light. More information can be found in the glossary.
15. What batteries should I use for my Spanninga battery light?
All our battery-operated products are supplied with everything you need: batteries, brackets, lanyards, etc. When you need to replace the light, you can find the needed batteries in the manual which comes with your product. You can also find the manual in our download section or on the product page of the light you have bought.
Our development team gives priority to technologies offering very low battery consumption in order to offer the longest time of use of our lighting products. We also pay great attention to the quality of the batteries we use and only supply our products with high-performance alkaline batteries, which are twice as efficient as saline batteries.
16. Is my Spanninga light water-resistant?
All our lights are being tested to achieve the IPX-3 rating, which means protection against spray and splashing water. The Thor 800 and Thor 1100 have an IPX-5 and IPX-8 rating respectively.
17. Where can I find a manual for my Spanninga light?
18. What is the warranty on my Spanninga light?
All your Spanninga products have a warranty against manufacturing / material faults. If you have a problem with your product, please refer to the shop where you have bought it. The shop will then check the problem you have with your product and determine whether it is guarantee or not.
Remark: the warranty does not apply to modifications, irregular use of the product or abuse.